No matter how your month went, how much pressure or team targets were swamped on your face, getting the salary in your account on the last day always puts a smile on your face. After all money is the major motivating factor to work. But if your payroll management systems still rely on paper work, manual interventions. The relationship between employee can get easily derailed. Your internal processes may suffer a big setback if payroll software implementation is not done effectively. The choice of selecting any payroll software should be done by keeping in long term objective in mind.
Let us understand a few key areas which needs to be focused on before shortlisting any payroll software.
- System Stability – It is very difficult to measure the system stability during a payroll software demo. There is however nothing which stops you to ask some customer references which will help you establish whether the payroll software being considered has a history. You also need to check the frequency of updates to the system which might make the system unstable. An ideal timeline for system updates should be 3-6 months.
- System Support – Another critical aspect to be considered here is if the service providers team are available for support during the peak time. During the fiscal year ending there are a lot of challenges which might crop up. One needs to understand if the payroll solution provider is ready to pick up the challenge.
- System Sustainability – Any system wherein investment must be done should be thoroughly evaluated from sustainability stand point. In a rapid changing business environment, it is more important to understand on how the payroll management system is made up to date and how often the updates are done.
- Self Service – An important aspect in managing an accurate payroll is its leave and attendance management. Not having leave and attendance coming correctly might create a nightmare for employees and the organization. It is important to have a self-service attendance and leave management system which enables and accurate payroll.
- Statutory Alignment – Any payroll software should be in line with the local compliance laws. It helps the organization maintain amicable employee relations and thereby company’s legal standing.
Keeping these pointers in mind will definitely ensure that your organization is making the right choice in selecting the payroll software. PeopleStrong Alt offers Alt Payroll as one of the industry’s premium offering. By focusing on all the above do’s Alt Payroll ensures that the organization maintains a healthy the relationship between the employee and employer.