In an era where time equals money, gone are those approaches where HR was merely a paper-based, file and pile work. Form filling was an all-consuming practice that necessary duplicates, at times triplicates the work, subsequently altering the slightest of details are an almost military manoeuvre. This day and age, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SME) market leaders are focusing more to go paperless and adopt a completely smart HR system based out of the cloud.
According to Forbes, the $14-plus billion marketplaces for HR software and platforms is reinventing itself.
Fuelled by mobile apps, analytics, chatbots, and a focus on user-centric HR, there is ground breaking change happening in the HR software industry. Companies want to not only reduce the time and cost on transactions by enhancing the efficiency of their HR processes, but at the same time want to provide an experience like never to their users (employees) and anytime anywhere access to HR. This is a transferral – entrepreneurs of small and medium business are watching out for.
One such organization VLCC, first in its industry, decided to shift the Human Resource administration method to a whole new level, with momentous paybacks for employees by enhancing and improving their HR experience.
VLCC, is a leading Indian multinational wellness and healthcare company with 4000 + employees, which operates from 323 locations, across 150 cities in 11 countries. With the workforce growing leaps and bounds at multiple locations, managing employees’ transactional work was a world in itself. From punching daily attendance to managing monthly exits everything was carried manually. Even for a single change in employee’s information such as checking leave balance or change in marital status, a mail had to be sent across to the HR department. As a result, there were multiple challenges that encountered such as:
- Payroll input collation such as – attendance/leave reconciliation, ultimately causing delay in Payroll processing.
- Delay in FnF. As the cases such as absconding were not communicated to the HR department on time.
- No centralized employee database management system, causing unnecessary burden and lack in productivity of the HR team.
- Limited (40%) web access to employees to manage their HR related transactional work.
This definitely called up for an automated HR system that could give a real-time snapshot of employee’s information and provide a consistent experience to all the employees. In the quest to set an example for the wellness industry, VLCC partnered with PeopleStrong and used its SaaS HR technology – PeopleStrong Alt coupled with mobile app. VLCC is an early adopter in the wellness and beauty sector to have implemented SaaS HR solutions to harness 360 degree HR information system encompassing ‘on the go’ access to employee leaves, attendance, business related expenses, performance management, on-boarding, and other functionalities.
The whole approach has resulted in significant benefits having information at the fingertips for employers in terms of productivity and smart management and employees in terms of positive experience, ease, and cut attrition rates. The system was deployed using pre-configured APIs in a short span of four weeks along with the facility of the mobile app, that facilitated them in simplifying work life of all the employees who are spread geographically, in a transparent and systematic manner. Today with the help of this system, VLCC could see significant changes when it comes to managing their distributed workforce such as:
- Employee experience digitized with 60% adoption rate within a month
- 100% real-time data with single database for all the employees
- Fully automated processes with 99.5% uptime
- Transaction/Response time reduced to 60-70%
- Governance and tracking, improved to 60-70%
- Different HR processes/policies streamlined
- Significant increase in employee engagement
- 100% SLA and TAT achieved with query resolution time varying from 4 to 18 hours depending on the level of the query
- Up to 60% HR bandwidth released
So where do you begin? It does not need to take a big initiative – you can just go Loud with The cloud. At PeopleStrong, we pride ourselves in partnering with clients every step of the way, including analysing their budding human resources needs in the industry and how technology can comfort them adapt to transformation.