Coming from a technology background gives you privilege to see and implement some of the best tech interventions in your career. One such wave ran for enterprise software’s in the mid 1990s. All Blue Chip organisations implemented, planning and control systems via ERPs that spans all their vital business functions. The ERP model stayed in the market for quite a while, until recently the market shifted its interest towards cloud solutions that are less complex, quick to implement, and better adopted than traditional ERP systems.
The single wave of Software as a Service (SaaS) initially overran across Europe & the Americas, about a decade ago rapidly splashed over the rest of the world in the last few years, transforming how corporate IT works globally. Today, organizations are reconsidering their approach to ERP and appreciating SaaS that offers feasible alternatives to the unwieldy, sluggish, expensive, and inflexible systems that have dominated the industry for a long period.
Traditionally, organizations practiced buying, building, and maintaining their IT infrastructures despite exponential costs, only because there was no other viable option. SaaS offers organisations a far lucrative alternative – a cloud-based platform of services that they can directly plug in and subscribe to via the Internet.
The clincher is that the provider manages all the patches, upgrades and updates. No client is happier than the one who knows he won’t need to frequently suspend his entire operating system because it needs to go through the mechanics of an on-site software upgrade.
The SaaS provider also manages the availability and spectrum, letting clients completely avoid the hassle of adding hardware, software, or bandwidth as the user base grows.
The SaaS model has succeeded in recent years because of the many advantages it offers to businesses of all sizes and types. Here is a short list of what is driving organizations to lean favorably towards SaaS solutions rather than traditional ERPs:
- With SaaS, you pay for what you require, unlike the traditional ERP where you have to buy hardware to host your new applications.
- Replacing the practice of involving internal resources to install the software, the SaaS provider delivers APIs and completes much of the work to get their software working for you.
- The time taken to arrive at a working solution can reduce from months in the traditional ERP approach to weeks, or days using a SaaS model.
- With SaaS, there is one software code line that all the clients are on, which enables uninterrupted access to the latest innovations / updates instantly.
- As the software is available through aware-web browsers, SaaS apps are likely to have shorter learning curves and higher adoption rates.
- Unlike the traditional ERP, the software provides remote access over the Internet. Your workforce can access it via any device wherever they are connected.
PeopleStrong Alt, a born on cloud, for HR, by HR technology product by PeopleStrong encompasses all these features. We have Quarterly release plans which deliver feature-rich updates to all of our customers for PeopleStrong Alt human capital management, payroll, and recruitment solutions at no additional cost. We perform these pre-scheduled updates based on the feedback received from clients and the end users, latest market trends and which are validated by a product advisory team comprising of both internal and external representatives.
With our added expertise in reading market trends, we spot opportunities where we can give our clients an additional edge as well as easy access to technology innovation by creating an even better customer experience. Our clients need not roll the dice on untested, SaaS solutions. We help them to effortlessly transform your tradition ERP practice into a SaaS based system. And the results impact is tremendous.
Needless to say that SaaS is the only way to create a future ready HR function. It is an exciting journey as organisations turn towards simple, smart and SaaSy HR. Hope you have either started or are ready to start the trip into the HR SaaS world.