Someone once mentioned “Good things come in small packages”. Not sure about “good”, but India Inc. can definitely vouch for the fact that ” small is powerful”. There are about 63 M small and medium enterprises in India and they are the most powerful force in the Indian economy. Not only in terms of the growth they can provide, but also the number of jobs they can generate. It is predicted that more than 3 lakh jobs will come from startups and mid segment market by 2020. Which surely makes this segment the powerhouse of ” human resources ” as well. Not only this segment will have maximum job opportunities, it will be the flag bearer of new age HR practices too. These enterprises are born in the millennial world. They are more agile and tech savvy than their colleagues in the larger “enterprise” segment. As they do not have any chronic traditional way of working, they not only pick the effective new methods to manage their workforce from other organisations but also create their own solutions. Take for an example the “digital” wave. Small and mid-size organizations have understood the need of availing HR management software’s that provide right information at the right time, whether this information is transactional, like approving employee leaves on the go or strategic, like analyzing the current workforce trends in the department. Not only this, the dynamic workforce has its own demands which are met using software like attendance management software, payroll software, recruitment software, in short human resources management software. All of this makes it imperative for the CHROs to opt for the new age technology systems. Here are few things which go in their minds as they start their digital journey:
- Creating a Wow experience
- Transaction-less work
- When & where to invest in HR Technology Solutions
- Get Quick Results
- As the working conditions and cultural shifts has brought flexi working hours, work from home scenarios, having a smart HR platform enabled with Mobile App has resolved the problem of workforce management. When you can see the employees punching out from their work locations, HR definitely get rid of transactional worries about managing attendance systems, vice versa the employees don’t have to chase HR department every time for any employment related information.
- Most of the CHRO’s we have met, majority voted that, it’s always right “to start with the basics first”. If your basics are not clear on what you want in the first go, you can never deliver experience. For e.g. a smart succession planning software will not deliver a user experience till the time you don’t have an automated attendance software for your workforce.
- Middle market battling for “customized solutions” is so 2002 now. The mid-market wants configured features in the HR solution that run their business rather than running after a customized solution. It’s now an API world. API is the acronym for “application programming interface”. Basically, the set of routines, protocols, and tools for building software applications which specifies how software should interact at a component and interface level. Modern HR technology applications are now expected to come with a complete and transparent API that reduces the implementation time.
PeopleStrong’s Recruitment Technology (Alt Recruit) is a smart, scalable and one-stop recruitment solution for hiring the top talent. It is not merely an Applicant Tracking System (ATS), rather is AI-enabled, Unified, Intuitive and Intelligent recruitment platform which powers end-to-end hiring processes of 100+ organization across the globe. It is integrated with 50+ candidate sourcing channels, processes over 1 million candidates per year and rolls out 60,000+ joining offers per year. Get in touch with our recruitment solutions executive to know more about Alt Recruit and how we can manage your Recruitments better.