On the back of a rich cultural heritage, travel industry in India is gaining explosive momentum. Even with modest projections, travel is poised to become a $48 billion industry by 2020, while air travel shows a significant growth of 15% and hotel businesses at 13%. As the industry grows fast, the demand for a better end-user experience is increasing at a rapid pace. The idea is to prevent productivity losses and add more to the overall profits. To achieve this, the best organizations will use high end technology advancements to their benefit. And it is not difficult to see why. As more people enter the online world, ease of interaction & response time becomes better. Further, the improved Smartphone penetration means the use of digital payments has gone up.
As per a conservative estimate, India’s online hotel market will grow to US$4 billion with 31% penetration at a CAGR of 25%.
Plus, the growth in the travel industry will also bring substantial human development across the board. This leads to a more technologically sound workforce that is armed with revamped tools for offering a better overall user experience. These employees are young, more tech savvy, and have the potential to transform and energize any travel business. The question is,
As a modern travel business, are you ready for the change?
With changing employees, the touch points are changing fast. As a leader, you need to provide the enhanced capability of instant solutions for your workforce. The solutions have to be clear, quick, and on the go. Given this ever-changing landscape of the modern travel-based businesses, it’s important to ask,
When it comes to HR operations, what high-performing companies do diﬀerently?
Based on the experience of working with industry giants like Yatra, Uniglobe, and Ixigo, we believe that successful organizations do well on 3 parameters.
- They believe in a consistent experience through unified processes
- They improve upon existing old technology before it goes bad
- Carrying out work on the go is important (aka mobile solutions)
That’s where a purposeful HR SaaS Solution comes into picture
1. Improve employee worklife – Dhiresh Sharma from Yatra.com mentions, “Yatra is a one-stop travel solution for all our customers, and we wanted to extend this philosophy to our employee experience. With PeopleStrong, we have created an integrated talent management platform that simultaneously simplifies and enhances the employee’s worklife.”
You see employees are the first brand touch point at every level. An employee is the first person a prospective customer sees and the last person a happy customer would interact with. Just for that one reason, your workforce needs to have the latest technology at their disposal. An intuitive, up-to-date HR system ensures that employees remain engaged and carry out regular interactions with ease. When so much responsibility lies on the shoulders of your employees, you need to help them so they can help you back.
2. Superior employee engagement – With an up-to-date modern HR technology solutions, employees naturally show a high level of involvement. To quote an example, many organizations still practice the old method of manual attendance (by register or biometric) which is really taxing for the workforce. With the help of a Accessible | Anytime | Anywhere philosophy, employees can be empowered with SaaS HR Software which can facilitate them to mark their attendance through the mobile app using geotagging. Similarly, performance and leave management can be facilitated using mobile apps.
These steps also create a sense of belongingness in the employees and they feel their time is valued. This helps you build up a customer-centric environment so that every employee cares about the company success. The math on this is simple. If you’re not giving an A-class experience to your employees, you can’t assume them to give it to your customers.
3. Better decisions under pressure – The number one responsibility for a travel employer in the industry today is to empower their own employees for the mobile-ready platforms. These new technologies have the ability to produce the relevant data at the right time. Armed with information, stakeholders can gain the ability to take the routine decisions anytime and anywhere. As Nitin Marwah from Uniglobe Air Travel Bureau puts it, “PeopleStrong Alt provides a real-time unified view to employee data that helps us make better decisions for our business”.
The fact is, Smart cloud HR solutions would help you manage your organization’s most important assets, it’s people. If you feel your hands are tied by the current legacy system, it’s the right time to explore the world of cloud HR solutions. Invest in a quality product to automate workflows and spend more time running your business and less time managing processes.
The only question is – Are you ready to shift from legacy systems?