The HRMS software module can be defined as the automated features to handle various aspects of personnel management, right from onboarding to payroll and attendance, along with many other critical HR operations. Below are some of the most important HRMS software modules along with their features –
New hires in any organization need to be guided through the onboarding and induction procedures. By automating this process, your organization can significantly reduce the burden on both managers and the HR team.
Among the common onboarding module features include –
- Easy setup of accurate employee records
- Gamified learning
- Provision of essential information about the company and main personnel
- Automatic scheduling of meetings
The absence and leave management module is an automated way to book, allocate, approve, track and monitor the leaves and absence from the workplace.
Among the common absence and leave management module features include
- Self-service leave requests
- Tracking employees’ accrued vacation time and usage
- Integration with workforce management and time and attendance functions
- Metrics and analytics, including absence trends
The time clock is one of the longest-standing HR automation. Most of these systems today incorporate biometric identification and link it directly to the workforce management module.
Among the common time and attendance module features include –
- Time clock management
- Biometric systems
- Employment attendance tracking
- Functionality for remote workers
Most of the modern HRMS come bundled with an employee self-service portal which gives employees access to all their own data.
Among the common payroll employee, self-service module features include
- A comprehensive view of critical data relating to payroll
- Viewing/downloading payslips
- Functionality for tax liability information
- Leave updates and real-time attendance data
Similar to onboarding, the off-boarding or separation process of an employee needs to be smooth and systematic, in order to ease the exit of the employee from the organization.
Automating this module helps in automatically calculating the employee notice periods and salary settlements, and increases the overall efficiency in employee exit management.
Among the common separation module features include –
- Various aspects impacting the organization’s ability to reclaim or settle with the employee
- House-keeping requisites such as no-due certificates from various departments required by the employee