In the first ever mini-HR Hackathon in India, 180+ CXOs and Senior Business Leaders came together to script the HR Technology Product that could make them “Future-Ready”. Organized as part of AltifyHR2018, PeopleStrong’s Annual Product Launch, the gathering saw business leaders like Ajay Kukreja (CHRO, Honeywell India), Rajeshwar Tripathi (CPO, Mahindra AFS), Gajendra Chandel (CHRO, Tata Motors), Manu Narang (Head – HR, Coca Cola India), Faisal Saiyed (Head – HR, Expedia India), Rajul Garg (Board Member, PeopleStrong), L Prabhakar (Head – HR, ITC Agri Business), Sairee Chahal (Founder CEO, Sheroes), S Varadrajan (Strategy & Talent Enabler, Rajahrpro.com) and Kannika Sagar (CHRO, HCL Infosystems). They moderated teams of senior business and HR leaders in a focused group discussion, and made some exciting suggestions for HR Tech products. Session was anchored by Prakash Rao (Business Head – HCM, PeopleStrong).
There were 4 interesting tracks which were covered as part of the Hackathon:
As new types of Jobs (roles as well as employment type – Gig workers, AI focused jobs etc.) enter the corporate world, what features do we think the future Recruitment technology should have to enable this?
For a workforce that now is distributed and diverse (not just by gender or age but also the way they associate with an organization) what features in technology will be required to deliver experience?
With Future of Work coming into picture, how do we deliver business productivity and create impact. What features in HR Tech will support it?
What do you think a CEO and CFO dashboard would look like for quicker and impactful decision making? What features of HR tech will make it happen?
The audience which had on average of at least 1800+ years of experience in total came out with future defining hacks in HR technology. The Top 2 (key) ideas in each of tracks are shared below:
- HR tech should include unorganized sector which has around 400 million jobs in India. This will bridge the candidate and job gap.
- Line manager and candidate should directly be connected through HR Tech. There are no intermediaries so that recruitment cycles are crashed and transactions become redundant.
- HR tech should be able to able to integrate well-being of self and family. Organizations and supervisors should know the mood of the employee and similarly employee should know the mood of supervisor and overall organization.
- Every data need of the employee should be fulfilled by HR Tech and there should not be any need of filling multiple forms. HR Tech should be able to solve government related needs of the employee like PAN, ITR, Sim card, Bank forms etc.
- HR tech should be able to provide a virtual supervisor i.e. chatbot to the employee. This will release much expensive managerial bandwidth for more strategic work.
- There are four primary chemicals in the brain that have impact of human happiness: dopamine (activated with feeling of achievement), oxytocin (activated through social bonding/family feeling), serotonin (activated with feeling of gratitude/kindness), and endorphins (activated with physical work/laughter). HR Tech should design gamified experiences which can impact these chemicals. Through this, employee’s happiness, loyalty and productivity can be increased.
- HR Tech should be able to provide analytics of conversational data. Also, future will be about contextual insights.
- Skills should be taken as infrastructure for any project like IT assets, financial budgets etc. Therefore, in future, organizations should be able to take decisions on the projects basis skills of employees available in the system which actually becomes key to deliver any project.
These insights for future which are surely to impact how HR Tech enables the organizations, will be part of PeopleStrong’s product vision.
Our besties to Vishal Saha (CTO, PeopleStrong), Vivek Sethi (Product head – Alt One/Alt recruit), Gurjeet Kaur (Product Head – Alt Worklife/Learning/Payroll) and Harsimran Walia (Product Head – Artificial Intelligence/Messenger/Chatbot).
Many thanks to all moderators and other Business/HR Leaders for their inputs. For any details regarding the Hackathon, you may connect with:
Varun Gupta (firstname.lastname@example.org; +917738022441)
Kamakshi Pant (email@example.com; +919910007938)
Payroll and HR are at the core of every organization. With new-age workforce distributed across geographies, organizations are grappling with multiple payroll processes, numerous pay-components, and inconsistent tax and compliance handling. Alt Payroll provides intelligent payroll management solution for building smarter workplaces.
Get in touch with our payroll and compliance executive to know more about Alt Payroll and how we can manage your payroll better.
PeopleStrong’s Recruitment Technology (Alt Recruit) is a smart, scalable and one-stop recruitment solution for hiring the top talent. It is not merely an Applicant Tracking System (ATS), rather is AI-enabled, Unified, Intuitive and Intelligent recruitment platform which powers end-to-end hiring processes of 100+ organization across the globe. It is integrated with 50+ candidate sourcing channels, processes over 1 million candidates per year and rolls out 60,000+ joining offers per year.
Get in touch with our recruitment solutions executive to know more about Alt Recruit and how we can manage your Recruitments better.