Human Resources is an essential function in today’s business environment. From recruiting, retaining, engaging, and training staff, to administering employee benefits, to ensuring compliance with rules, regulations, and laws HR impacts so many areas. Leading organizations today realize that their HR team and HR processes can be leveraged to create a competitive advantage. These winning organizations understand that strong HR leadership and HR practices result in better performing employees.
Small to medium size businesses can improve their HR Management by utilizing technology. The right HR technology can improve operations, increase efficiency, boost employee engagement, and improve compliance. Choosing HR software for your organization can be a painstaking process but the right software can automate and accelerate your current processes. You need to consider several factors while selecting software to automate your HR Process. The benefits of automating HR functions are significant.
It will eliminate the hours spent in tracking manual attendance, time spent on performance reviews, vacation accruals, benefits, compensation and other items. Manual errors in all departments will be eliminated and it will cut down on staff hours.
When looking for HR Technology solutions, small to medium size businesses should consider several things.
- On-Cloud platform along with Native Mobile App – Cloud based and mobile HR software solutions are often the preferred type of system. Cloud based systems often provide a better ROI and have a lower cost of entry making them a more budget friendly option over traditional installed software packages. Cloud based products that are mobile compliant work across devices and will allow your team to access and utilize data while on the go offering more convenience and flexibility.
- Tracking Employee Information – When looking at HR Technology packages you should look for one that does not limit how many and what type of staff records you can track. There should be standard fields to help track things like hire dates, review dates, job titles and more. The system should also allow for custom fields and can upload documents to the employee’s profile.
- Different Role based Access Privileges – HR Technology systems should offer granular security settings allowing the employee, front line managers, HR managers, and senior leaders appropriate access levels. This will help ensure the security as well the integrity and availability of HR related information.
- Communication Triggers via different channels – Your HR Technology solution should come with communication tools. Having the ability to email, text, and securely message your staff directly from within the HR Software will help drive efficiency and improve communication and accountability across your organization.
- Efficient On-boarding and Off-boarding process leading to simplified asset management – A few other key features you will want your HR Technology system to have is the ability to assign and track equipment and supplies that employees are issued. For instance, if you look at an employee record you should be able to see that they have been issued things like a laptop, company phone, ID badge, uniforms, tools, and more. This will help improve security and accountability of company resources and assets. Also, look for solutions that have on-boarding/off-loading features and that will maintain employee records even after the employee leaves your organization.
- Robust Reporting/ Ad-hoc reports – Your HR Technology platform should have robust reporting functions. These reports can be used to ensure compliance and drive smarter, better, and faster data driven decisions. Having HR data is one thing, being able to report on that data and use it to improve decision making will greatly improve your organization.
- Additional features like Recruitment, Payroll, etc. – Ideally the HR software that you choose will be able to grow with you. Look for systems that offer add on features such as scheduling, recruiting and payroll, training and certification tracking and other modules and tools that you can add on as your business grows and your needs change.
PeopleStrong Alt is one such HR Technology Solution that assists any Small and Medium Enterprise to achieve its business potential by digitizing the complete employee life cycle starting from Hire to Retire. Born on Cloud, PeopleStrong Alt is SSAE16 certified and has been designed on the latest technology platform. It enables the users (Employees, Line Managers, HR Managers and CXOs) by providing them with DIY interface. It enables digitzation of processes like Managing employee profile, On-boarding, Leave, Timesheet, Attendance, Transfer, Confirmation, Promotion, Payroll, Exit and Recruitment.